Translate

Monday, May 6, 2013

Korean liquid lip tint swatches/comparison

Hello~ 
As I promised, I am back with swatches of some of the liquid lip tints I own. I couldn't swatch all of my liquid lip tints, I'll have another post with my other tints as well. When the semester is over, I will try to update all my swatches post with pictures of the products on my lips.

Etude House 55 Kissful Tint Chou, Etude House Darling Neon Tint, Etude House Dear Darling Tint, THEFACESHOP My Lips Eat Cherry Aqua Tint, The Saem Ally's Ajell Saemull Tint, and Tony Moly Milky Tint



The Etude Kissful Tint Chou has the texture and shine of a lipgloss(creamy) and the Milky Tint from Tony Moly is creamy but it does not have shine. 
The Etude House Dear Darling Neon and Dearling Darling Tint are both jelly tints.
THEFACESHOP My Lips Eat Cherry, Tony Tint, and The Saem's Saeummul Tint are water based. 


Water tints soak into the skin faster and more evenly than jelly tints. Jelly tints are easier to apply and handle compared to water tints but jelly based tints won't apply evenly compared to Water Based tints.  Both formulas have their pros and cons. Water based tints tend to look more natural compared to jelly based tints because jelly tints have a more vibrant pigment. 


The 55 Kissful Tint Chou from Etude House has a very unique texture. It feels and looks like lipgloss but it stains the lips like a lip tint. For those of you who want the shine and glossiness of a lipgloss, I recommend this tint. (I'll do a detailed review soon!)


Most of the tints seem water resistant except the My Lips Eat Cherry Aqua Tint from THEFACESHOP and the Saemmul tint From The Saem. What do these two  have in common? These two tints are both water based, water based tints don't last as long as jelly based tints. Even though the Tony Tint is water based, it lasts as long as a jelly tint, sometimes even longer. 


I wiped off the tints with a napkin after the water test to see how good the tints actually stain. 
As you can see the Dear Darling Neon Tint, Dear Darling Tint, the Tony Tint stained the best. 

I really like all the lip tints I own. Some of them might not stain or last as long but it has a unique color I can't find in other brands (THEFACESHOP My Lips Eat Cherry Tint). 

If you have any questions about the products above, you can leave me a comment! 
I hope you enjoy my post! ^ ^

I am looking for a good and affordable camera, if you know of any please tell me~

39 comments:

  1. Such pretty colours *_* That Etude House Tint Chou looks creamy, I really want to try it! Thank you for this comparison! It's be very useful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this post can be useful! Yes, the tint chou is very creamy, you should try it!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Thanks for comparing them like this! I only have the Tony Tint at the moment, but I'd really like an orange one!
    I like the colour of The Saem one...but the Etude house one lasts so much longer...
    Thanks! Have a great day! xx

    http://sakurapikuseru.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a orange one From Etude similar to the Saem. You should look up the Dear darling tint in orange red. ^^

      Delete
  3. Wow you have lots of tints, pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many tints*-* I just ordered my first, which is the Dear Darling tint in berry read: D can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will like it! It was one of my first tints I got and I still love it.

      Delete
  5. The colors are all so pretty. I love the etude house kissful chou consistency. I want to buy it in tangerine soon *_* The Tonymoly tints look nice, too. I should buy more tonymoly stuff...hihi.:*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony Moly has really great products! I only own lip products but I want to look at their other stuff too.

      Delete
  6. I like the strawberry color of EH Kissful Tint *-*

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tony moly tint is gorgeous! I'll definitely be looking for that when I go to Korea *__*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's only like 2,500 won I think. I also bought it in Korea. ^^

      Delete
  8. Thank you for this in-depth comparison!
    More products to add to my list, hehe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!
      I'm glad my post can help~

      Delete
    2. I nominated you for a Best Blog Award! You can find all the details in my post of today. :-)

      Delete
  9. Sure~ Thanks for reading my post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Tony Moly tints!!
    Love,
    Krisella

    www.lippiemonster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for such a detailed post! Just missing one thing.. about the 'taste'. Not really the taste though. Just cause i often lick my lips and i don't like the bitterness from Etude Fresh Cherry Tint. So i'm wondering if any of these tints doesn't taste bitter. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for telling me! I will make sure to write about the taste of it next time. The only ones I dislike the taste of is the Neon Tint one from Etude. ^^

      Delete
    2. I didn't know that info about that tint, thank you!~ I don't like bitter-tasting lip products either.

      Delete
  12. Thank you for the tests!
    Really helped me come down to less options!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lip tints are some of my favorite lip products! :D This is really helpful ^^

    ReplyDelete
  14. wah you own so much lip tint >.<
    I'm looking for long lasting (?) lip tint with red natural color, any recommendation?? :)

    me971113.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for this! I didn't know the difference between the jelly and water based ones yet. I definitely love the Kissful and Milky tints.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. this post was super helpful - your photos and pictures are great!
    one thing - when you review products, could you either take a photo or write the ingredients? korean cosmetics are notorious for not having ingredients on the packaging (it must not be mandatory there) and not many companies list the ingredients online either.
    + have fun in korea soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will make sure to do that in the future! Thanks for telling me ^^

      Delete
  18. omg thanks so much for this post! i've been obsessed with lip/cheek tints recently, and this was extreeeemely helpful! i'm looking forward to your future swatches and reviews :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for the swatches and explanations on the different types of lip tints. I've never been much of a lipstick person but I'm trying them out and lip tints seem to be everywhere these days! I can't seem to visit a blog without running into a lip tint review. I'm destined to try one hehe. I really appreciate your post!

    http://alonetog3ther.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. thank you for sharing some of the swatches and brands! i wanna try tony moly milky tint in peach or something like the orange. i always wanted my lips to look cherry! :)

    thank you! :)

    apple - bubblemilkk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so glad I came across ur post! SO HELPFUL. ^__^
    I'd like try a lot of Korean lip products and some lip tints, but I just didn't have any idea where to start.

    Like another commenter mentioned, I'm very curious about any weird/off tastes or scents from these lip tints.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your Korean lip tint review is really helpful. I'm glad I was able to find your blog. Because I'm starting to fall in love with Korean products. I already have a Tonymoly lip tint and its sweet and smells like cherry, now I wanna try etude house too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Which is better and more natural looking? The dear darling tint in berry red or the tony tint in cherry pink?

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ Feel free to comment me! I will make sure to comment back^ ^ Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! -Sally